A value safe that can punch above its weight.
The HW34 is the second largest safe in the Heavyweight line – we classify it as an Wide safe. The wide cavernous interior securely houses up to 40 long guns and still has room for jewelry, pistols, documents and other important items. This lower height profile gives you more options for safe placement than some of our taller models.
Also, like well designed furniture, we’ve designed the HW34 to be wider like a bureau instead of the more common “boxy” refrigerator like dimensions in other safes (27″ exterior depth), allowing you to place the safe in any number of locations in your house without blocking off interior space. And given the elegant and clean stylings of the Heavyweight safes, the HW34 will add style to any room instead of being a big eyesore taking up space in a corner.
- 11-gauge steel body
- Pry-Stop End Bolts
- 1″ chromed locking bolts with three-sided door coverage. 5 active bolts, 9 total
- Extended throw locking bolts
- Fully reinforced integrated door frame
- Tight-tolerance door fit
- 1″ formed door additional security features
- Force Deflector™ Locking System
- Hardened steel pin lock protection
- UL® tool attack listed
- S & G® Group II lock with key lock dial and five-year limited warranty
Interior/Convenience and Appearance Features
- Full DPX Storage System
- Two DPX Handgun Pouches
- Deluxe three-spoke handle
- Elevated floor makes removing guns easier
- Scroll graphic on the door
- Baked-on, high-gloss black finish
- Mechanical Lock (Elock $199 Upgrade)
1550°/80 min. ThermaBlock Fire Protection
- Tested at 1550°F for 80 minutes
- Two layers of 1/2″ fire-resistant insulation in the body and door
- Palusol® expanding fire seal
Standard DPX Storage System Specifications:
- Full DPX Storage System • Cantilevered Modular Shelving • Elevated floor protects gun stocks
- A system of pouches and pockets to store small valuables on the door back
- Two Handgun Loops to store handguns on the door back
- A convertible Duo Interior system inside the safe with both shelves and long gun capacity
Pry-Stop End Bolts Defend Against Attack.
Superior to other bolt designs which allow the locking bolt support bar to bend. Pry-Stop Corner End Bolts are over 2 1⁄2 times longer and attach to a high-strength steel angle iron which prevents the locking bolt support bar from bending in a pry attack. This is a significant advantage to overall safe reinforcement. The bolts are the top and bottom locking bolts on the door side — each securing the critical door corners.
THE DPX ADVANTAGE
The patented DPX storage system (U.S. Patent #7,409,790) is available exclusively on Browning ProSteel safes. This unequalled organizational tool allows long guns, handguns, shooting gear and more to be stored on the back of the safe door. The DPX gun rack creates as much as 50% more long gun capacity inside the safe, and makes the guns on the door easy to access. The Scope Saver increases storage and protects optics. DPX pouches and pockets hold valuables and gear where they are easy to find and free up shelf space for even more items.