We take pride in developing safes with the most innovative engineering, designs and manufacturing process.
UL LISTED BURGLARY PROTECTION
Every Fort Knox safe exceeds the standards established by the best known consumer protection organization – Underwriters Laboratory (UL). UL puts our safes through a battery of tests including drilling, punching, prying, hammering, and several tamper tests to insure our quality and your protection.
Fort Knox’s Inferno Shield 90 is tested to keep the inside of the vault under 350 degrees. UL Listed c-rated fireboard insulation is used on all six sides and behind the hinges to eliminate hot spots or hot pockets. Heat sensitive expanding fire seal expands to seal around the entire door on all Fort Knox vaults & safes. In addition to the high-grade UL listed fireboard and deep bend box, a dead air space is manufactured into the vault which acts as a thermal barrier, much like a thermal pane window, to give added protection. This design provides fire protection at 1680 degrees in 90 minutes.
RACK & PINION GEAR DRIVE LOCKING MECHANISM
Here is where a good comparison should come in. Our patented rack & pinion, bank-type locking mechanism is the most technically sophisticated and reliable locking system available. Most of the finer new cars manufactured today use rack & pinion steering because it is a stronger, more precise, positive, and maintenance-free system. We have also added a clutch to the handle to prevent damage from undue force on the handle.
Fort Knox Inc. warrants to the original purchaser only, that each new vault will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser from the date of delivery. Integral units such as locks are subject to this same warranty.
Fort Knox Inc. will replace any vault, free of charge, broken into by forced entry or damaged due to an unlawful attempt during the lifetime of the original purchaser
Damaged vault must be returned for evaluation to Fort Knox Inc. by prepaid freight along with the report made by the investigating agency. The new replacement vault will be sent to the customer freight collect.
The responsibility of Fort Knox Inc. under this warranty is limited to replacement or repair of defective part at the Fort Knox Inc., Orem, Utah factory, or at a point designated by them, with expense for transportation, if necessary, to be borne by the original purchaser. In no event shall Fort Knox Inc. liability exceed the original cost of the product.
Fort Knox Inc. will repair or replace, at our option, any vault due to incidental damage as a result of accident, flood, or fire.
Fort Knox Inc. shall only be liable when the vault is used in compliance with those directions specified in the manufacturer’s instructions.
This warranty shall not apply to any safe or parts modified without the consent of Fort Knox Inc. Fort Knox Inc. specifically disavows any other representation, warranty, or liability related to the condition or use of the product. For more information, contact Fort Knox Inc., 993 North Industrial Park Road. Orem, Utah 84057.
Legend Series Features:
Our dedication to perfection is more than our passion. It’s Legendary. The Legend Series has taken the best and added our finest options. The Legend is the only gun safe on the market today made with a 1/4” steel body along with an additional 10 gauge reinforced stainless steel inner liner. The 1 3/4″ Reinforced Fire Door is complemented by our patented Rack & Pinion multi-gear locking mechanism. Each locking bolt operates independently of one another, with up to 55 precision rack and pinion gears driving up to 28 11/2″ locking bolts. You can put full confidence in the security of your valuables, at home or at the office. The Legend is perfection renewed.
- UL Listed. We use UL Listed, fireboard insulation on all 6 sides and insulate behind the hinges to avoid any hot pockets. A high temperature, heat sensitive expanding fire seal expands to seal the safe around the entire door. Locked, sealed and ready to bock the worst that flames have to offer.
CLICK HERE for more Informaiton on Fort Knox Fire Ratings
- Certified 1680ºF/90 minute fire protection. Fort Knox’s Inferno Shield 90 is tested to keep the inside of the vault under 350 degrees. UL Listed c-rated fireboard insulation is used on all six sides and behind the hinges to eliminate hot spots or hot pockets. Heat sensitive expanding fire seal expands to seal around the entire door on all Fort Knox vaults & safes. In addition to the high-grade UL listed fireboard and deep bend box, a dead air space is manufactured into the vault which acts as a thermal barrier, much like a thermal pane window, to give added protection. This design provides fire protection at 1680 degrees in 90 minutes.
- 1/4″ thick steel Uni-body construction with 3/16″ Armaknox + 10 ga steel inner liner
- Quadrafold™ door frame with deep recessed door.
- Up to 28 – 1 1/2″ diameter active door locking bolts strategically placed at sides, top & bottom of door.
- Patented Star Corner Bolts
- Drill deflector bolt guard.
- Patented multi-gear drive, 5 to 1 reduction rack & pinion locking mechanism with up to 55 rack & pinion machined gears.
- EasyGlide™, concealed ball-bearing hinges.
- Drill stop hard plate with recessed multi-bearings.
- Nickle Plated Gears and Glass Door Panel.
- Stainless steel package standard.
- Lights Package
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Gold, Chrome or Black Chrome plated 5 spoke Clutch Drive spinner handle
- High luster, 4 stage, baked on acrylic urethane metallic finish
- Carpeted interior, including side walls
- 3 Remote Relockers
- Electronic lock
Interior Fabric Options:
- Carpeted or Velour interior including side walls and door panel.
Add a convenient handle to assist in opening your safe door
Redundant Lock System:
With so many steel options, you can design your own security level.
By adding additional layers of steel you are increasing the tensile strength of the vault, making it stronger and more resistant to attacks. Fort Knox gives you multiple ways to construct your handmade vault to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Create your vault with a heavier steel body with a Vault Body Upgrade or increase the level of security with both the vault body and door with the Deluxe Package.
Increasing both the steel thickness in the body of the vault as well as the door creates a more secure vault. The Deluxe Package is one of our most popular options and creates an unmatched steel barrier. Increase the steel in your vault door and vault body up to a Level 3 Deluxe Package with Fort Knox.
YOUR VAULT CAN BE UPGRADED to a Level 3 rated ballistic vault. Three times harder than regular steel, the heavy 7-gauge ArmaKnox AR-500 steel gives the vault the ability to withstand 3 shots from a .44 magnum pistol.