Our Safes are hand-built using only the best quality American-made steel, parts and components. We build the most secure, highest quality gun safes at the most affordable prices found in America.
Safe Guard’s GR models come in five popular sizes and offer excellent security, fire protection and quality. Loaded with features, they are recognized for their superiority and enduring value. After careful examination, you’ll find Safe Guard surpasses all safes in its class. In fact, you’ll find it superior to most higher price products on the market.
Door Defense Systems
Door defense systems consist of devices that are designed to deter and prolong a break-in attempt. Some of the sophisticated systems that Champion Safe uses are:
Inner Door Steel:
A quality top rated gun safes will have a full layer of inner door steel.
Hardplate Lock Protection:
Pieces of hardened steel plate are placed between the inside of the safe’s door and the lock. The goal is to protect the lock from drilling or punching. In the safe industry, three types of hardplates are generally used: Case-hardened mild steel, Ball Bearing, and Diamond hardplate. Of these three types of hardplate, diamond provides the highest level of protection. Champion uses only diamond hardplate on all its models.
- Diamond-Embedded Armor Plate™–Industrial diamond is bonded to a tungsten steel alloy hardplate. Diamond is harder than either a cobalt or carbide drill. When drilling is attempted the diamond removes the cutting edge from a drill – thus dulling the drill bit to where it will not cut.
A relocker is a device that activates the safe’s boltworks when triggered by heat or force, whether applied directly to the lock or to the safe door, such as by drilling attempts. Champion uses several relockers:
- Glass Relocker –Tempered glass is placed between the inner door’s steel plate and the lock. If broken, by drilling or punching, it releases a secondary mechanical system which locks the boltworks into place.
- Heat Relocker –S&G® locks have an insert that melts at a low temperature, preventing movement of the boltworks if someone tries melting the lock.
- Mechanical Relocker –This relocker is usually mounted on the back of the safe’s lock. If the back of the lock is forced off, it releases, locking the boltworks into place.
- Remote Relocker –This system is usually attached to either a mechanical or glass relocker, but is located at a random location inside the safe’s door to prevent tampering.
Diamond-Embedded Armor Plate
Glass-Guard™ Relock System
Lock Pressure Relievers:
This device prevents pressure applied through the door bolts from damaging the safe’s lock.
Clutch Drive System:
The clutch system is designed to prevent handle pressure from damaging a safe’s inner mechanism and lock.
For door defense systems to be optimally effective, a safe must have a strong steel foundation. Even the most sophisticated anti-break-in systems are ineffective when used on lightweight safes.
- 3/4” Thick Composite Wall
- 12-Gauge Outer Steel Shell
- Double-Steel Door Casement™
- Up to 3 Layers of Fire Insulation
- 3-3/4” Thick Door
- 12-Gauge Steel Door Plate
- 7/16” Reinforced Door Edge
- Two Layers of Fire Insulation
- External Ball-Bearing Hinges
- Chrome Lock and 3-Spoke Handle
- Four-Way Active Boltworks
- Up to 12, 1” Active Door Bolts
- Door Bolt Detent System™
- Roughneck™ Bolt Guides
Door Defense Systems
- Sargent & Greenleaf ® Dial Lock
- Optional La Gard Electronic Lock
- Auto-Relock System™
- Diamond-Embedded Armor Plate™
- Plush Velour Interior
- High Capacity Gun Racks
- Custom Door Organizer
- 1200°F One-Hour Fire Rating
- Lifetime Warranty
- UL® Security Rating 18DN